Beef sauce is a popular sauce often found on the menu of popular restaurants in Ghana. it is enjoyed by many as it comes with its unique taste and flavour.
In this recipe, I am going to give you a step by step guide on how to prepare beef sauce at home.
Summary of post
- Ingredients to prepare beef sauce
- Beef sauce preparation instructions with pictures (beef sauce recipe)
Ingredients to prepare beef sauce
- Tender beef
- Cooking oil
- Soy sauce
- Chicken stock (optional)
- Corn flour
- Green pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Mushroom (optional)
- Sausage (optional)
- Cabbage (optional)
- Seasoning (maggi cube/onga cube)
- Wine (optional)
Steps to prepare beef sauce
- Wash the beef thoroughly and cut it into pieces
- Pour the cut meat into a separate pot and set aside
- Cut carrots, green peeper, cabbage, mushroom and sausage into small pieces and set aside
- Blend ginger and garlic and set aside.
- Add soy sauce, kpakpo shito, salt, nutmeg and red bell pepper to the blended mixture
- Add little corn flour to thicken the sauce
- Using a clean hand, mix them thoroughly.
- Pour the beef (meat) into the seasoned mixture and soak for about 15 minutes. This allows the beef to absorb the season very well.
The spices should be proportional to the amount of meat you are using. Too many ingredients can make the sauce sour whiles small amount of ingredients might not generate the required taste.
- Pour vegetable or cooking oil in a saucepan and allow it to heat for about 3 minutes
- Add the soaked beef to the pan. Turn the mixture intermittently to prevent it from sticking to the pan and burning
- After the mixture has cooked for some time, add water and allow it to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Make sure the meat is cooked well.
- Add carrot, mushroom, sausage and other desired vegetables. When they become soft, you then add the cabbage and let it cook for some time.
Your beef sauce is ready.
Beef sauce can be eaten alone or served with the following main meal
- Plain rice
- Fried rice
- Jollof rice
- And a lot more.
Health benefits of beef sauce
- Beef is rich in proteins for body building and growth
- The different varieties of vegetables are rich in minerals and vitamins to help the body fight against diseases.
Things to note.
- Choose your spice based on your preference. Some people are allergic to garlic whiles others are not.
- Stir the mixture continuously to ensure uniform cooking and attain a uniform taste
Thank you. Support us by sharing this recipe with family and friends. That motivates us to write more.