Kokonte is popular Ghanaian food prepared with dried cassava. It is mostly served with groundnut soup, pepper sauce and groundnut soup. Kokonte can be taken any time of the day, although most Ghanaians prefer to consume it for launch.
In this guide, I am going to show you.
- The ingredients for preparing kokonte
- The steps to prepare kokonte
- And how to prepare groundnut soup.
Ingredients to prepare Kokonte.
- Kokonte flour (powder)
Steps to prepare Kokonte.
- Pour water into a cooking pot and boil under high heat
- When the water begins to boil, fetch some and put aside.
- Pour one cup of kokonte flour into the boiling water and stir continuously to avoid lumps being formed.
- Add a little amount of salt to taste
- A little amount of water to obtain the thickness you want.
- Knead the kokonte paste with a spatula to incorporate the water into the dough until it is smooth
- Cover it and allow it to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Roll the kokonte into balls and set aside
- Serve hot with groundnut soup, palm nut soup and okra.
How to prepare groundnut soup.
Ingredients needed for groundnut soup.
- 1 cup Groundnut paste
- Chicken/Meat (You may choose what you prefer)
- Smoked/fried fish (Choose the quantity you prefer)
- goat meat (optional)
- 1 Tin tomato
- 3 Fresh Tomatoes(Optional)
- Ginger(quantity of choice)
- 2 Large onion
Steps to prepare groundnut soup.